By Kon-Well Wang, Jiong Tang
Adaptive Structural structures with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry presents a accomplished dialogue at the integration of piezoelectric transducers with electric circuitry for the advance and enhancement of adaptive structural platforms. protecting a variety of interdisciplinary study, this monograph provides a paradigm of taking complete good thing about the two-way electro-mechanical coupling features of piezoelectric transducers for structural keep an eye on and identity in adaptive structural platforms. offering descriptions of set of rules improvement, theoretical research and experimental research, engineers and researchers alike will locate this a helpful reference.
Read or Download Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry PDF
Similar structural books
As sleek constructions require extra serious and intricate designs, the necessity for exact techniques to evaluate uncertainties in a lot, geometry, fabric homes, production techniques and operational environments has elevated considerably. Reliability evaluation options support to improve secure designs and establish the place major participants of uncertainty happen in structural structures, or, the place additional learn, trying out and qc may well bring up the protection and potency of the constitution.
Fresh development within the research and structural characterisation of fabrics has an expanding impression on reports of archaeological specimens. a necessity to include such examine right into a new interdisciplinary box has seemed. during this ARW we meant to compile archaeologists and historians with physicists, chemists, crystallographers and pharmacists, round the subject of structural info on complicated archaeological fabrics.
An earthquake is a strong floor acoustic wave (SAW) generated by means of a seismic occasion, similar to a volcano or movement of the Earth's layers, that propagates at the Earth's floor. This ebook explains the layout of earthquake resistant buildings utilizing observed innovations that supply a number of experimental setups and theoretical types.
- Application of Structural Equation Modeling in Educational Research and Practice
- Geotechnical Engineering (Spon Text)
- Long Term Durability of Structural Materials. Durability 2000 Proceedings of the Durability Workshop, Berkeley, California, 26–27 October, 2000
- Energy Theorems and Structural Analysis: A Generalised Discourse with Applications on Energy Principles of Structural Analysis Including the Effects of Temperature and Non-Linear Stress-Strain Relations
Additional info for Adaptive Structural Systems with Piezoelectric Transducer Circuitry
The primary limitation on the negative capacitance in the experiment is the current that the op-amp can sustain, which, for this specific operational amplifier, should be kept below 5mA. One may achieve larger negative capacitance by using higher current opamps. The short circuit frequency response with the negative capacitance is also shown in Fig. 3207 . It should be noted that the short circuit status with negative capacitance refers to the situation that the positive electrode of the piezoelectric transducer is grounded.
7. 1; At zero frequency, the voltage ratio is unity, because the circuitry elements have no effect for static input and the voltage across the piezoelectric transducer is the same as the input voltage. 1 , exhibits a more than 600% increase. Above the circuit resonant frequency, the voltage ratio has a significant roll-off. The reason is that the inertia effect of the inductor tends to block the voltage input from the power source at high frequencies. For broadband control this would help prevent spillover (Meirovitch, 1990) since the high frequency components of the control voltage will be cut off in a manner similar to adding a low pass filter.
Such negative capacitance cannot be realized passively, and one needs to use an op-amp to form a negative impedance converter circuit (Horowitz and Hill, 1989), which requires a power source. However, the power consumption is normally very low and can be easily compensated as explained in the following. In many applications the piezoelectric capacitance is quite small, which leads to large k2. Therefore, oftentimes the optimal passive tuning criterion requires large inductance. , 1992). The negative capacitance increases the overall capacitance value of the piezoelectric circuitry, and directly reduces the required optimal inductance value.